The vision and faith of a saintly woman Miss Alice Evans, an American missionary planted the seed of Stanley School in the soil of Hyderabad in 1896. The institute grew into full bloom under the able leadership of several dedicated Principals.
Another milestone was added to the history of the school in the year 1977 by upgrading it to a Junior College, where girls are trained for a rightful place of responsibility in the community and Country at large. Today Stanley Girls Junior college caters to the needs of 500 students. Every year a number of science students get selected for courses in Engineering and Medicine.
Stanley Girls Junior College continues to be the citadel of academic excellence sending out students far and wide to serve mankind in various walks of life and to share the light which they have received at Stanley Girls Junior College.